If you’re struggling with a serious case of the winter blues fear not, Campari has got your back.
The good folk at Campari have partnered with some of our fave Melbourne retailers and bars to bring a touch of Milan to the CBD.
We’re talking Campari Tonics, canapes, live music and even gelato! Ummmm yum!
If you can’t jet off on a European adventure like half our Insta feed has (jerks, right?!) Campari Red Nights is the next best thing.
From July 13 to August 13, the unique red, Italian aperitivo is bringing some of Milan’s passion, style and sophistication to chilly old Melbourne town.
Famous as a key ingredient in the Negroni, Campari is made from infusions of aromatic plants and fruit. It goes hand in hand with tonic water and lime to make Campari Tonics. (Trust us, we had one. Ok, two)
The bitter notes of the tonic together with the bitter-sweet orange Campari, create a unique taste sensation.
It’s finished with freshly squeezed limes. Simplicity is key here, people.
Whether you’re trying it for the first time or are a Negroni aficionado, the Campari Tonic makes for a perfect pre-dinner drink.
QT Melbourne and 18o6 have been transformed into lush, red Campari lounges.
At QT Melbourne, expect to be greeted with a taste of Milan as you arrive at The Rooftop Bar, where a red Vespa and illuminated ‘Meet Me In Milan’ neon sign will take pride of place on the bar.
Inside, lounges will be turned red and walls and outdoor furniture will be illuminated red while a gilded-gold bar cart will serve up your new favourite cocktail.
At iconic cocktail bar 1806, the walls have been illuminated red and embellished with iconic artworks, plush, luxe red velvet seating and designer lighting.
Campari will also infuse a taste of Milan in venues across the city centre including Father’s Office, Bank on Collins, Dutchess and authentic Italian eatery and bar, Pomodoro Sardo.
Stepping away from the bar, Campari is partnering with a series of iconic and premium Melbourne retailers to help celebrate Melbourne Red Nights.
Check out the below for where to go between July 13 and August 13 to experience a touch of Milanese style:
- Spring Street Grocer – Limited edition Campari Gelato
- The Waiting Room – complimentary Campari Tonic and styling session
- MISS FOX – complimentary Campari Tonic served from a brushed gold bar cart with all blow-dries and beauty services
- Kings Domain – complimentary Campari Tonic served and ‘Pencil Moustaches’ on offer during Aperitivo Hour on Thursday evenings
- Oscar Wylee – complimentary Campari Tonic for customers during late-night shopping, plus limited edition sunglasses with an exclusive Campari red lens
- David Jones Bourke Street – enjoy a complimentary Campari Tonic, canapés and music while you shop the latest in fashion, accessories and beauty
- T.M. Lewin – complimentary Campari Tonic in-store at T.M. Lewin’s CBD store while you have your suit or shirt fitted by the team
- The Daily Edited – enjoy a complimentary Campari Tonic, canapés and music while you have your leather accessories monogrammed
How to make a Campari Tonic
- 1 Part Campari (45ml)
- 2 Parts Premium Tonic Water (90ml)
- 1 Lime Method
- Pour Campari into a highball glass
- Fill the glass with ice
- Top with premium tonic water
- Garnish with two wedges of lime